Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Christmas Shoe(box)s

National Collection Week just wrapped up but you can still drop off shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child through mid-December! These processing centers remain open for business for a few more weeks.

And even better...you can mail finished shoeboxes to the Boone & Charlotte offices.

If it's your first (or fifth) time packing a shoebox, it can be hard to keep track of all the "rules" and suggestions. So I made visual aids! Let's start with the no-gos.


I gotta say they nailed it on the drink mixes. Gross.

Now. A WOW item is recommended for each box. This is like your centerpiece. What you build the gift around. The main character.


Personal care items are obviously important as well. A suggestion I wish someone had given me last year...blankets take up A LOT of space. Especially anything in the fleece family.


Clothes. Honestly you can never have too much underwear.


This is where I really shine. Crafts, crafts, crafts. Friendship bracelet kits were all the rage for awhile there. Hobby Lobby has A TON of DIY kits for kids.


Ahhh toys. A classic. The marbles do seem a bit of a bummer after Squid Game, but finger puppets are fun for the whole family.


Ooooooh my other favorite category! I LOVE a school supply. I literally lock away the InkJoys when I have a substitute. Not because of the sub, because of the kids, but you can really never be too careful.


I made a cheat sheet in Spanish too, but my espanol is muy limited. Luckily the vocabulary is good I just like to keep everything in the present tense just to be safe. So Spanish speakers, use this sheet cuando you comprando.

No comments:

Post a Comment